How’s the season going so far?
- Raphael Varane, Luke Shaw, Tyrell Malacia, Mason Mount are injured. Lisandro Martinez might be. Victor Lindelof left Sunday’s match, as well, which means we finished the match with Harry Maguire and Jonny Evans at central defense. Talk about a dream team!
- We spent money on two new players (Rasmus Højlund and Sofyan Amrabat) who could have chronic back injuries.
- We got rid of Mason Greenwood (temporarily— no team was going to shell out a fee for him) because of domestic violence, assault and sex abuse allegations. Now Antony has been accused of domestic violence by his ex-girlfriend. It took the club several days before they issued a bland response about taking the allegations seriously. We’ll see if they follow the Greenwood precedent and suspend him indefinitely, but I’m not holding my breath on that one.
- Jadon Sancho and Erik ten Hag are feuding. Ten Hag claims Sancho wasn’t training hard enough so he was dropped for Sunday’s 3-1 loss to Arsenal. Reportedly, he is often late for training for both club and country — a problem that dates back to his days in Dortmund. Sancho immediately hit back and disputed his manager’s allegations and now they’re at a standoff. Sancho, who’s been a disappointment ever since he joined United, had this issue last year and ten Hag tried the carrot approach by protecting him and sending him to the Netherlands for intense, private training. Looks like now, he’s getting the stick.
- According to some media sources, The Glazers have decided not to sell. Of course, others have posited that this is just a ploy to wring even more money out of potential buyers. Nevertheless, the specter of the Glazers staying on was enough to see the club’s stock to tank.
Wasn’t this season supposed to be a step forward?